Saturday, February 14, 2009

Good friends & a quick update

Just a quick update...last week Luke had to travel to Atlanta, GA for work and I really wasn't looking forward to spending a week in Marktoberdorf, Germany by myself. Even though I've been here for almost a year now my German is definitely not conversational and I don't know many people (outside of our German class) in our small town. We've made some good friends in Munich, but it takes at least 1.5 hours to get there...so not easy to do more than once or twice a week. But Luke had the great idea that I use a travel voucher we had gotten on one of our trips back to the States to visit one of my best friends in Colorado Springs. I had not seen her (or her baby, Kaiya) since our wedding. So Luke and I were able to fly to Washington DC together and then he went on to Atlanta and I flew to Colorado. I had a great time with the Pettus family and was really blessed to get to spend some time with a good friend!

Things continue to go well in my pregnancy...I've updated the "Belly Shots" slideshow on here and posted a picture here. CJ definitely continues to grow and I can't believe we're getting close to the 3rd trimester! The nursery is in the process of being painted (thanks mom & dad!!!) and we've gotten some of the furniture for the nursery. So once we get home it shouldn't take long to get everything in order for the arrival of CJ. Speaking of moving home...Luke's last day of work here will be March 31st. Our plan is to then fly home either April 1st or 2nd. Not too far away!

1 comment:

The Pankewich Family... said...

Can't believe you are already almost to the 3rd trimester! Can't wait to meet CJ and have you back in the same state as us. We are so excited!