Thursday, February 26, 2009

Schnee!

Over the past 3 weeks we've had more snow than I've ever seen living in Kansas! It has snowed nearly every day for the past 3 weeks and we had one day last week where we probably got 8 inches. Crazy! I think we got another 2-3 inches on Monday and again on Tuesday this week. They do a really good job of cleaning the streets here and a pretty good job of cleaning the sidewalks...especially considering all the snow! But with the sidewalks there ends up being a HUGE pile of snow (3-4 ft high in places) that lines the sidewalk and makes it really tricky if you need to cross the street or change sidewalks! Today I found out what they do to fix this problem...
Tractor shooting snow into the back of the truck.
The view from our apartment Tuesday morning.
The view from our apartment last Tuesday.

We also had our last doctor's appointment in Germany this week, which is a little hard to believe. Things continue to go well and I can't believe how much CJ is growing...and that CJ will continue to get bigger over the next 13 weeks! I'll try and update the belly shots tonight so you can see his/her progress. :) After all this snow we're really looking forward to getting back to Kansas in time for some nice spring weather and some spring thunderstorms (which they don't get here)!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Thanks Tamra! I'm really excited about the house! We are supposed to get like 10 inches of snow this weekend so I am hoping to get a lot of the wallpaper down since the last thing I will want to do is be outside driving around! I am really excited for you and Luke to be back in Kansas. We will definitely have to hang out sometime soon! (and lots of other times later on!)