Monday, April 28, 2008

My life is like the Sound of Music...

Luke and I got new "Fahrräder" recently, so this week I did a little exploring of the area on my bike. I rode about 6 miles to the lake pictured below. It was a gorgeous day and the scenery was amazing! You can't really go for bike rides like this in Kansas!
At this point of my ride I came really close to breaking out into "the hills are alive with the sound of music..." I kind of felt like I was living in the Sound of Music...well minus the VonTrap children and a dress made out of curtains. :-) (Those are the Alps in the distance of the first picture.)

This is a barn in the middle of one of the villages I rode through. This is very common in Germany. Most farmers live in small villages and go out to their fields. They even have their barns with the livestock in the village. The tractor inside the barn is a Fendt...the tractors Luke works on here.





No comments: